Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Roughest Day

What a rough day!! First of all, my poor son, isn't very regular if you know what I mean. Well yesterday had been one week and I of course was getting a little worried. I don't think its my imagination when I say I feel like he is a little grumpier toward the end. Well, today he had a BIG blowout. Thats about 10 wipes. That's his onesie on the right where it went out both sides and up his back. It got all over the changing pad. It was horrific. Probably a little relieving to him but still sitting in that is no picnic I imagine and its sure no picnic to change. So Trav, are you ready for babies yet?? I spoke to the Dr. and she said that its normal for breastfed babies and not to be concerned. And if that wasn't enough for the poor guy.....

today was also immunization day at the Dr.'s office. That was bad too. He had 3 shots in his leg and was not happy about it. I don't know who cried more him or me. (Really, I cried like a baby right in front of the nurse and everything. even now that i'm remembering it I'm tearing up.) I immediately thought of a comparison I heard years back though of how a baby getting immunizations and the pain we feel is like the pain Heavenly Father feels when we're going through trials. Jackson doesn't understand the good of his shots he only knows that they hurt and he doesn't understand why a loving mother would allow it to happen to him. I think as Heavenly Father watches us suffer through things he wants so bad to jump in and make it all better but he has to let us suffer so we'll be strong. Really, that was about the only thing that got me through the experience. The shots actually made him real drowsy and he went out hard and fast. He's woken up several times screaming but then falls back asleep shortly afterwards. His shots are still tender so I have to be extra careful. What a terribly hard day!!

4 comments:

mcamp said...

ok yeah, that's gross...poor baby...I've seen baby's poop like that before but not as much as that...????

Anonymous said...

Thats gross. I guess we don't hold back too much on this blog.

Caroline said...

Hey! I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! What a precious little baby! I hope I find the time soon to look over your whole blog. So, how are you enjoying being a mother? Isn't it wonderful? Yeah-the poop thing sucks! Sydney blew out of her diaper honestly one time. John Evan on the other hand did it ALL the time! It's terrible! The shots bet easier-I promise! But, I di like your take on it. See you soon!

mcamp said...

he's gotten BIG! I looked at him again and it's like whoa...i wish we could come up and visit you