I've been tagged. Here's how it works: Each player starts with seven random facts about themself. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their own seven things and then the rules. You need to choose seven people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
Ok so here are my seven random facts in random order.
1. I count how many steps I step within a block of cement or tile. I think that mainly spawns from still trying to avoid stepping on cracks so I try to find the right number and the right size of my step to avoid them.
2. I am a natural packrat and have to try so hard to combat it. My problem is I get too sentimental with things. For example, I bought a new pair of tennis shoes this week. I seriously felt so bad for my old pair and found myself thinking about "all the good times we shared." I didn't want them to feel forgotten and taken for granted. I wanted them to know I appreciated them but it was time to move on. I was awful as a kid with toys too. Toy Story was a real emotional story for me. I do fight hard not to collect things though.
3. My husband has converted me into a sort of Star Trek fan. I'm not big into it but I know the characters and I've seen most episodes I think. I've mainly only watched Next Generation but also a little of Voyager. (I hang my head in shame.)
4. As you may have already noticed from my blog, my new obsession is with the Food Network. My favorite host is ROBIN MILLER. I ENCOURAGE EVERYBODY TO CHECK OUT HER COOKBOOK. IT IS THE BEST!!! Just ask Brent.
5. I went to the Dr. this morning and she told me I'd lost 8 pounds since my visit 3 months ago.
6. I love NPR. Listening to it makes me just feel more informed about issues.
7. I've always been accused of being born in the wrong decade (and some say wrong century.) I'm so old-fashioned in everything I do. I've driven like a grandma since I was 18. Some of the other indicators are with fashion. I love kinda a 1940s look with tea length dresses and hats and gloves to match outfits. I get offended with today's movies, books, and music. Of course I love and dream about Tara too. (I hope you all get that last statement.) I've always dreamed that in my eulogy somebody describes me like Melanie Wilkes.
Well I really don't know a lot of people that blog and even fewer who haven't already done this so I'll just stick with Kim Campbell. She's great with randomness and probably knows a ton more people to tag.