Thursday, April 8, 2010

meal of the week

occasionally i stumble upon a recipe that is so good I think I should blog about it,t just because I think other people should know about this and hoping that they will post their own great meals. The problem is I rarely put my fork down to take a picture. Luckily, Brent was sick last night so there was an extra serving...until I ate it too.

Truth is I didn't exactly have a recipe. I just tried to remember from what I read in the magazine at the Dr.'s office. So here goes.

Mix ground turkey with an egg, bread crumbs, seasonings you like (I did oregano, parsley, and thyme). Put on wax paper in a rectangle. Going up the line of the rectangle I put bacon, a little blue cheese, and mozarella. Then using the wax paper roll it up and bake. I know the recipe said use pancetta and something else but bacon costs less. I'm sure you can use whatever cheese you want too. Now post, or comment, a favorite recipe. not like a weird chain thing. just know that there is somebody out there that likes to copy and try new recipes.

2 comments:

Julie said...

My family loves this!I dare you to try it.

Minestrone Soup
From the kitchen of Julie Stoner

Ingredients
4 cups water
1 (14.5 oz.) can Diced Italian Tomatoes
1 cup Beef Broth
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 celery rib, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 T onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ T parsley
1 T sugar
½ lb. sausage, cooked
1 (15 oz.) can green beans
2 cups uncooked bowtie pasta

Directions
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except for the pasta. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add bowtie pasta and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with some crusty Italian bread and enjoy!

Kim said...

I get most of my recipes from websites/food blogs. Since you're from Alabama, I'm sure you've already heard of this site, but I'll pass it along anyway. www.southernplate.com. Lots of yummy ideas!