Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Toy bags

I know, I know, enough with the projects. Anyway, these are bags my friend Emily has for her toys. They hang on the wall which I like for a couple of reasons. An adults gets them down so she can say "we'll get out the blocks after we put away the cars" thus keeping down the chaos slightly. Hers have these little windows with different shapes so you can see what is in each bag. genius. I made the window bags a month or so ago and just love it. I don't hang them, I put them in the toy box bench so that all the little toys don't get lost in the bottom. Today I decided to make a bag for his art stuff and whipped that one up in like a couple of hours. I have never done applique before and while its not perfect I still love it. They're totally easy and cute and I just thought I'd share a great idea for storing kids toys. thanks emily! oh and thanks lori for showing me applique. i used heat'n bond and it was simple.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Natalie, you're my hero. I have all of these ideas and plans but am yet to the "whip it up in a few hours" point or even the "dedicate a few hours a night for a few days" point. Great job.

Cheri said...

Natalie you are amazing and so cute! Great job!

Lori said...

You never cease to amaze me! Great job on the bags, they are so cute! (And I couldn't whip that up in a couple of hours either!)