Thursday, January 21, 2010

meanwhile

Since I'm not having a baby...
I made this nursing cover for Brent's cousin Kathleen. Brent doesn't like the fabrics but I did so here's to hoping she does. I hate walking around the house trying to find a place to hang it where it takes a decent picture...cause...you know...its really all about how it looks in the picture I put on the blog.
Also I'm not sure you if you remember this that was supposed to be done by Christmas but hasn't been touched in 2 months until this week. I know this sounds weird but unfortunately I still like it which means I fear touching it for ruining it. I pinned the backing to the batting and top today with safety pins. I think the next step is stippling but I'm not sure. It's not trimmed to a rectangle yet. I'm really clueless when it comes to making a quilt so those with experience.... let me know!
This is actually the back.
and this is the top.
Is all this work worth it for a 3 year old?
Yeah, definitely. (His birthday is Monday!)

6 comments:

Jeni said...

LOVE the nursing cover up. I need to make one. In all my spare time. :) But seriously, I want to make one of those and one of those carrier covers you showed on your blog earlier. Can you send me the link for that tutorial?? THanks!!

Lori said...

So impressive!! I'm totally inspired. (I'm no expert, but from my understanding you should quilt/stipple it before you worry about trimming to a rectangle, as it will shift around a bit.)

Kathleen said...

The nursing cover is cute--no need to change it. I love the quilt too--he'll use it for years and then treasure it when he's older!

Mandy said...

Beautiful nursing cover! As for the quilt, check out this link:

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/quiltalong.html

It's a GREAT tutorial that makes making a quilt seem like a piece of cake. I'm currently working on my first quilt, so I don't have first-hand experience but it looks easy enough. :) Your quilt is awesome! Good luck!

erin said...

I love the quilt! If you figure it out, you can give me some tips. I have some quilts I want to make but I'm kinda scared because I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope the baby is already here or comes soon!

Cheyenne said...

Look at you being all homemakey and stuff!! But seriously, Natalie, quit dinkin' around and have your baby already.