Saturday, February 26, 2011

Coolest car i've ever owned.

We bought a 2007 Honda Odyssey this month. I've never owned a car this cool in my life. Features: leather, 8 passenger, fold away seating, dvd player with wireless headphones, cd changer, seat warmers, doors that open/close with pushing a button on my key remote, a key remote!, cruise control, like 13 cup holders, rearrangeable middle row seats, sunroof, and durability of a honda. it has 111,000 miles on it but we think we can push at least 100,000 more. We waited a while to make sure about what we wanted. oh, and the coolest thing...we paid in cash! yay! we always said we would but after going to dealerships it was so tempting to go newer. i'm glad we didn't though.



i love to see this when i walk out to the car (i mean minus the escaping baby.) As weird as it may sound to anybody who doesn't own/want a van, I feel so vain driving it. I feel luxurious. I feel blessed and cool. I know we are not all of the same opinion but I'm so glad to be at the van stage of life!

9 comments:

Brittany Barnes said...

you should feel cool!! i know because i drove a van for 2 years during high school and i felt wayyyy cool. youre van is way better though! nice buy!

Amber said...

My dream car! I know, I'm crazy, but I really want a Honda Odyssey. Awesome that you paid cash. We have a goal to only pay cash for cars, but when we were shopping last year, I gave into temptation....we got a small loan to get a nicer car and I regretted it ever since. However, we did pay it off this month (less than a year after our purchase)! It feels so nice to not have a car payment again! I've vowed to never get a car loan again, and I think the experience of having a loan payment helped me realize that. Never again!

Kathleen said...

Awesome!! Miss you guys!

tracyp said...

Are the balloons the boys way of celebrating the van?! Congrats on paying cash.

Antho said...

Awesome. We're quickly approaching van stage too, so we've been saving for a while. Heidi doesn't want a dvd player though. I guess driving is one of the few times when our kids aren't plugged in, so Heidi wants to keep it that way. We'll make sure the check out the Odyssey when we buy.

Jeni said...

We bought a 2007 Honda Odyssey last year that only had 30,000 miles on it! And I LOVE that thing! I will run it into the ground! I can't stand to drive our little Jetta anymore after driving my van!

Julie said...

Welcome to the Honda Odyssey club. I love my van. Yours is a lot newer than mine...I'm green with envy. My kids think that a mini van is my dream car. I just have to laugh at that. I'm so impressed that you paid cash!

Jess said...

Yay!! I drive an Odyssey too!!! I LOVE IT! So much easier with little ones:D

Nita Stelling said...

Oooh, that does sound very comfortable and cool. It seems like a very easy car to ride in, indeed. Take care of that ride and keep everything well-maintained so you can get the most mileage out of it!