Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jackson's 5?

I had a blast on Jackson's birthday. This is him and his friend Hannah Kramer decorating the cake. Jackson asked for a chocolate strawberry cake. When I was trying to figure out how to make such a cake with his grandma and aunt nienie he told me exactly how to make it, with strawberries in between the layers and strawberries on top.Dipping animal crackers in leftover frosting.
it turned into this. the things you get away with on your birthday.
The finished cake. The strawberries on top are in the shape of a 5.
Ok, this was my favorite part of the day. My gym has an indoor pool. We'd never been but it was a BLAST!! It felt so good on my pregnant body plus seeing the kids have so much fun was well worth the little bit of extra effort to get there. It was also so exciting to see Jackson swimming so well. (He's not touching) Can you find Sam? I'm probably a bad mom but he is so good at swimming independently with his float.
I am so so disappointed the audio didn't record for some reason on this video. I guess it screams for some sort of video music montage but it might be worth watching without sound. Sorry, its shaking because I was laughing.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That cake looks delicious, and I'm totally impressed with Jackson's swimming!! Could he teach Lydia some time? :)